Do you get tattoos on your body and pay for it just because you’re fond of them?
Well, what if I tell you that the reverse could happen – you can get paid to get tattoos on your body! Yes, that’s right! Of course, the only difference here would be that the design would be the payer’s choice.
You might be wondering you will pay you to get a tattoo, isn’t it? Well, let’s give you a hint – the tattoo design would usually be a logo or a company’s slogan. Are you getting the track now? Yeah, I think you did – you’re making your body a medium of advertising for brands.
Do you know what the best part about this is? You don’t have to get that needle hurting permanent body art. It can be a temporary one! That way, you don’t have to move around with a company logo for the entire life – it’s just a matter of a few days or months.
Free Ways to Get Paid to Get Tattoos
Tattoo advertising has become a popular and creative way of promoting brands. People who are ready to lend any part of their body for advertising are usually paid a good amount by brands – whether it’s temporary or permanent.
The most popular site that provides you with body advertising jobs is leaseyourbody.com. This website has specially been created for tattoo advertising.
How Does LeaseYourBody Work?
Believe me, it is not at all cheap and is totally legal. When you create your profile, you specify where you can get a tattoo and for how long. You’ll soon have companies bidding to get their logos or slogans on your body.
It’s totally your choice which offers you want to accept in the end. The brands will be giving you the design they want on you along with the prize or money they’ll offer in return.
Now, the main point is that you don’t really get all the money the brand bids. The website takes a percentage of your earnings for providing the opportunity.
Now, the expense for getting that tattoo could be either on you or the brand. So, if you really want to get free tattoos done, then include that in your agreement.
This brings us to the conclusion that when you get paid to get tattoos on your body, the only expense from your end will be LeaseYourBody’s commission.
Other Sites to Get Paid for Tattoo Advertising
While LeaseYourBody is a special site for tattoo advertising, there are other online money making sites where the opportunity stands too. I love the following platforms where you get paid to advertise on your body:
This C2C platform also allows you to get paid to advertise on your body. A man called Andrew Fischer got $37,375 from Green Pharmaceuticals for advertising temporarily on his forehead. This is something he received from here. So, you can imagine the scope of this site.
You can set-up free ads on this site for getting body advertising jobs. You’re more likely to get offers from local businesses here.
This is a marketplace for selling marketing-based services, including tattoo advertising. Just state where you can get the tattoo done, whether it will be temporary or permanent, and the minimum amount you’ll charge. However, I should warn you that they’ll take a 20% commission from you, so charge accordingly.
News Sites and Social Media
If you don’t have a profile yet, consider looking for offers posted by brands on social media or news sites. They keep an open contest or event where they make their own specifications of the kind of body art they want and the reward they’ll offer.
How to Get a Free Tattoo?
Here’s something I have to clarify – the person who is paying you is the brand owner or advertiser, not the artist who’s going to put up the tattoo on you.
This is why I said earlier too – when you’re finalizing a tattoo advertising offer, you need to clarify who will be bearing the expense of getting the tattoo.
Say, for example, you get $1000 for getting a temporary tattoo on your arm for 30 days. Now, if making the tattoo would cost say $30, you’ll have to talk to the company about this. Will you be paying the money from the reward you get or you’ll be given the money separately?
The best thing to do here is to mention in your profile beforehand – you will not be bearing the expense of the tattoo from the money you receive. In other words, the prize money does not include the money you spend on getting the tattoo.
Sometimes, if your contract is with local business, you might be sent to their own artist too.
This is how you get free tattoos done along with getting paid.
How Much Can I Earn?
The example I gave you about Andrew Fischer is one of the highest earnings one has made out of body art advertising. I’ll give you some more cases to give you a brief idea of the scope:
- Dominos had once run a contest where it offered people to get a permanent tattoo of their logo. In return, they would get 100 pizzas a year for 100 years! That’s like free pizzas for a lifetime!
- Air New Zealand had offered 30 people to get a temporary tattoo at the back of their shaved heads. In return, you could either get $777 in cash or a round-trip ticket to New Zealand worth $1200.
- FeelUnique.com offered 10 men and women to make temporary tattoos on their eyelids and wink at 1000 strangers. This tattoo would be of their company’s web address. In return, they were paid $150.
There is another man who has 15 logos as permanent tattoos on his body and has earned $200,000 for those in total!
Here’s the Conclusion I Could Draw from the above Cases:
- Temporary tattoos cost lesser than permanent tattoos.
- The part of your body where you get the tattoo matters – invisible parts or too visible parts like your forehead will cost a lot more than the usual parts like hands.
It’s all about how much you’re willing to advertise their brand in the end. If you get the body art on your stomach or back, you’ll still have to show it. That’s the reason why they’ll cost more. Nobody likes to tattoo their faces or shave their heads. Thus, you get paid more to get tattoos there.
On the other hand, your arms are the most common area where you would usually get a tattoo. Areas like your eyelids or feet would be made visible with difficulty in public. Hence, these tattoos will cost less.
If I were to give you a vague amount, I may say that temporary tattoos in normal areas will pay you less than $1000. However, a permanent tattoo or getting a temporary one in an unusual area can pay you above $10,000 per tattoo.
Things to Remember If You Want to Get Paid to Get Tattoos on Your Body
Now, in the end, if this is an interesting way for you to earn some good money on the side, you need to be careful about some things. Do you want to enjoy the entire prize money that the brand provides? Or, you’re ok with incurring expenses and keeping the profit?
Do you want to do this just once? Or are you considering doing this again and again?
You need to be clear about a lot of things. Tattoo advertising is not a game for you to play. Brands are paying serious money even for temporary tattoos. Thus, if you want to get paid to get tattoos, consider the following things seriously before getting into an agreement:
- Be clear on where you can get body art. If you’re not comfortable getting it done on your forehead or stomach, reject the offer.
- Try to get a free tattoo done. It means that the tattoo artist’s expenses should be borne by the brand. Don’t pay them out of your prize money.
- If you’re doing it as a one-time thing, look for contests on news sites or social media sites instead of creating an account.
- On the other hand, if you want to do this for a long period of time, it is better to create an account on LeaseYourBody or eBay. Paying them commission will be affordable if you’re doing it over a long period of time and making good money.
- Before you get the body art, be sure you know the brand that’s paying you. People will ask you questions when you go out displaying your free tattoo. You should be able to answer them.
- If you’re getting a permanent tattoo, choose your preferred artist, an area of your choice, and a hefty amount as your reward.
You are free to reject offers that do not accept all your terms.
So, how would you like to try to get paid to get tattoos on your body?